Monday, September 19, 2016

Running Update:
9/7/2016

7.6 mi
1:14:17
9/9/2016

3.2 mi
30:52
9/11/2016

11.3 mi
1:51:15
9/14/2016

7.6 mi
1:13:09
9/16/2016

5.0 mi
45:46
9/18/2016

22.0 mi
3:49:20

I completed my longest training run of the season yesterday—now it’s time to taper!  Less than three weeks until the Hartford Marathon. 
You can always donate to our race here:  www.KRath4Jane.com

Readers of the blog know that I periodically recommend songs that relate (however obliquely) to running.  Here are a few more that I’ve recently had in my head:

     Adele: Send My Love
     Key lyrics: “I was running.  You were walking.  You couldn’t keep up.”

     Empire of the Sun: Walking on a Dream
     Key lyrics: “We are always running for the thrill of it, thrill of it.  
          Always pushing up the hill searching for the thrill of it.”

     Bishop Briggs: River
     Key lyrics: “Run…like a river.”

Jane (and family) Update, Proud Parent edition:  
Alec had his 12th birthday recently!  As usual, the family sang happy birthday as we presented him with his cake, and he made the traditional wish when he blew out the candles.  Todd asked him what he wished for, and he replied that he wished Jane didn’t have NF.  I think Jane was touched (I know I was!) because she exclaimed, “Oh!  Thank you, Alec!”  Later, Jane wrapped up a shell she had found at the beach and put it on Alec’s bed to thank him for using his birthday wish on her <3

NF Update: 
The Fourth Annual Connecticut NF Walk is this weekend!  This annual event in Putnam, CT celebrates the brave NF Heroes who live with neurofibromatosis, and raises funds for critical NF research.  This is more than just a walk; it's a day of family, inspiration, and so much fun!  We’ll make sure to post pictures, as always.

If you’d like more information about the walk, click here: 2016 Putnam NF Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment