Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Running update:
9/25  5.0 miles in 45:43
9/27  5.0 miles in 43:49
9/29  14.8 miles in 2:24:27
10/2  5.0 miles in 45:39
10/5  7.6 miles in 1:11:57
10/9  5.0 miles in 46:39
Last run before the Hartford Marathon!
Hoping for weather like today:  sunny, dry, mid-50s.
This is the bracelet my oldest daughter, Helen, made for me to wear in the marathon.  She said, “I made it with NF colors!”  So proud of her :)



Jane Update:
Jane had her three-month Gleevec check-up and blood work with our hometown pediatrician last week.  The appointment was first thing in the morning, and we had planned to bring Jane straight to school afterwards.  I remembered to bring lidocaine cream to numb her arm prior to the needle stick, but forgot one key item vital to blood drawing success—Puppy!  When Jane was in Kindergarten she had brought her favorite stuffed animal, Puppy, with her to school every day, so I never had to think twice about Jane having him with her.  But now that she’s a “big” first grader, she no longer carries Puppy in her backpack.  On our drive to the lab Jane asked, “Where’s Puppy?!”  When I told her I’d forgotten him, she said, in a small, resigned voice, “It’s OK.  I’ll snuggle with my jacket instead.”  So brave and resilient!




NF Update:
I attended my first Children’s Tumor Foundation fund-raising dinner last week!  I'd never actually been to an NF benefit (or any kind of benefit, for that matter) before--it was wonderful to meet some other families and individuals with NF, and to see so many people supporting our cause!  I was thrilled to meet the president of the Children’ Tumor Foundation, John Risner, too!  He thanked me for my fund-raising efforts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment