Sunday, September 22, 2013

Running update:
9/6  5.0 miles in 43:01
9/8  18.0 miles in 3:00:09
9/11  9.6 miles in 1:32:47
9/13  4.7 miles in 44:17
9/15  10.2 miles in 1:34:24
9/18  7.6 miles in 1:12:45
9/20  3.1 miles in 30:44
9/22  22.2 miles in 3:42:05!  Whew!  It’s time to taper!

Running-inspired songs from my playlist, volume 2:
(To see volume 1, go to my original blog, and read the post from 3/22/13.)

The Killers “Runaways”
Key lyrics:  “Maybe I’ll just run…”

The 1975 “Chocolate”
Key lyrics:  “We're building up speed as we're approaching the hill.” and “No, we’re never gonna quit…”

Biffo Clyro “Black Chandelier”
Key lyrics “We’re always running…”

Daft Punk “Doin’ It Right”
Key lyrics:  “Everybody will be [running].”

Fitz and the Tantrums “The Walker” 
Key lyrics:  “Crazy's what they think about me, ain't gonna stop cause they tell me so, ‘cause 99 miles per hour, baby, is how fast that I like to go.”

Matt & Kim “Cameras”
Key lyrics:  “Don’t forget to breathe now.”

Dan Croll “From Nowhere”
Key lyrics:  “Every now and then I fall a bit behind.”
(Oops!  Not the last one...)

Jane update:
I recently signed Jane up with the NF Registry, a database of individuals with NF that has a goal of better understanding NF as a disorder.  One of the questions asked was “Have you ever suffered from itching?”  Oh my goodness, yes!  Jane is always itching!  I thought it was just dry skin!  I dutifully slather her with moisturizer after every bath, in all seasons, with only marginal effect.  I couldn’t understand why Jane’s brother and sister don't experience the same—I had no idea that itching could be a side effect of NF.  I confess, I was pretty disgruntled to learn of the association.  What, disfiguring tumors aren't bad enough?

NF update:
Some inspiring news regarding the generosity of strangers:  Those who read this blog regularly know I was in our local paper a few weeks ago as "Person of the Week" (link here) and got to talk about NF and my fund raising.  Well, a kindhearted gentleman who I’ve never met saw the article and called me last week saying he wanted to help!  He owns a condominium in the Cayman Islands, and four times a year he donates vacation time there to a different charity for auction.  I was amazed!  It will be part of a silent auction during the Ladybug Annual Benefit Night for the Children’s Tumor Foundation on October 3rd on Long Island.  (If anyone would like to attend and/or bid, more info is here:  http://grow.ctf.org/Ladybug2013)

Will end with a happy photo from our friend Olivia, who spent yesterday afternoon with the kids at the Madison town beach :)
Sisterly love!


No comments:

Post a Comment