Saturday, September 8, 2018


Running Update:
9/3/2018
Run

13.1 mi
2:26:55
9/5/2018
Run

5.0 mi
48:44
9/8/2018
Run

17.6 mi
2:59:09

Another New Haven Road Race done for the Children’s Tumor Foundation.  As anticipated, it was miserably hot and humid, but I finished!  Elite runner Sara Hall, who was the overall female winner of the 20K race, even commented in the NewHaven Register, “This was probably the most brutal conditions I’ve ever run in.”  (So it wasn’t just me complaining!)

At the start



Here I come!



Nearing the finish


I love this picture <3


Angela from the NF Endurance Team came all the way up from New York to cheer us on!

High fives for more NF team members

Now it’s time to focus on the Marine Corps Marathon, coming up October 28.  Hopefully it will be lots cooler by then!


Jane (and siblings) Update:
Jane, Alec, and Helen all started back to school this week, and everyone seems to be settling in with their new classes.  Here are everyone’s obligatory first day of school pictures :)

11th grader!

High School freshman!

Our 6th grade NF Hero

Waiting for the bus


NF Update:
Jane and I head back to NIH tomorrow—think shrink!  I’ll post results as soon as we learn them.

Meanwhile, I thought I’d introduce you to a campaign being run by the Childhood Tumour Trust, which is the UK’s analog to the Children’s Tumor Foundation in the US.  For Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September, they are posting stories about children with NF with the hashtag #BenignIsNotFine.  Their point is that a benign tumor due to neurofibromatosis can be just as devastating as cancer and it’s not just malignant tumors that are treated by chemotherapy.  Check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment