Sunday, November 1, 2015

Running Update:
10/18/2015
7.6 mi
1:11:55
10/21/2015
7.6 mi
1:13:28
10/23/2015
5.0 mi
45:59
10/25/2015
9.1 mi
1:28:50
10/28/2015
5.0 mi
48:45
10/31/2015
13.1 mi
1:55:07

Yesterday I ran in the inaugural Madison Half Marathon and had a wonderful experience.  There were over 1000 runners—quite a turnout for a first race!  It was a beautiful day and a great course, starting at Hammonassett State Park, traveling along the Shoreline Greenway Trail, and following the surfside roads in Madison.  I had expected to run without my family there, but my mother surprised me by waiting for me at the finish line.  (Best Mom Ever.)  And I set a personal record!  I always worry after a disappointing race (eg Hartford 2015) that I’m getting too old for racing, but yesterday’s half marathon gave me new hope that I’m not done yet!

Next up:  the Madison Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, and finishing up 1000 miles (I’m at 857.9) for 2015.

Jane Update:
Happy Halloween!  Just a few pics from our holiday.

Blonde Ginny Weasley

At the bus stop with our neighbors.  Have you ever seen such adorably scary costumes?

Ready for Trick or Treating

Jane with her brother, Professor Severus Snape (who is purposely acting the part)

NF Update:
Jane’s blood work and check-up at NIH were all good this month.  We’re planning one more practice MRI at home in about a week in preparation for December’s (hopefully) non-sedated MRI.

An exciting development at the Children’s Tumor Foundation this week:  Bobby Gill was selected for the cover of Runner’s World magazine for the month of November!  Gill is one of the founders of Cupid’s Undie Run, a huge fund-raising event that benefits CTF in which participants run about a mile, in their underwear, in February!  Since it started in 2010, Cupid’s Undie Run has spread to over three dozen cities in the US and abroad, and has raised over 8 million dollars.  See the story behind the cover here, or visit www.cupidsundierun.com

Of course, if you would like to donate to the Children’s Tumor Foundation, you can always do so through our fund raising site :)  www.krath4jane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment