Sunday, May 31, 2015

Running Update:
5/27/2015
5.0 mi
44:50
5/29/2015
3.2 mi
29:41
5/31/2015
13.1 mi
2:00:12
Today was the inaugural OutRUN38 Branford Half Marathon!  Congratulations to the OutRUN38 organization for a great day.  What a fabulous turn out of volunteers, supporters, and spectators for a very special cause, the support of adults living with cystic fibrosis.

It was hot, humid, and hilly race!  I confess I started out too fast and by mile 9 I was starting to fade.  I was just debating whether to stop and walk when I heard a familiar voice call my name.  It was my friend, Melanie, from Massachusetts!   Melanie had recently moved back to Connecticut, but I had no idea she was running the Branford Half today.  Despite knowing each other for years, and despite a shared love of running, we’d never managed to race together.  That is, until today!   Having Melanie by my side gave me renewed energy, and we ran the rest of the race nearly step for step, and crossed the finish line together.  What a wonderful surprise!

Thanks to Melanie for urging me on.  Thanks also to my aunt for making a special trip from Boston to help watch the kids while I was off racing; to my mom for coming to collect me after the event and helping me with the kids while Todd is away; and as always, to my running partner, Neil, and his ever-supportive wife, Marcia.

Jane Update: 
Jane and I head back to NIH for four days on June 10th for a big visit:  re-staging MRI, echocardiogram, EKG, eye exam, blood work, and physicals.  The AZD6244 seems to be doing its job, but as regular readers of this blog know, I always get apprehensive before these visits.  Past experience has made me cautious about being too hopeful!  Trying to think positive thoughts.

NF Update: 
NF Awareness Month is coming to a close.  Thank you for your support!  I hope I was able to educate everyone a bit more about neurofibromatosis.


Up for June—the start of our 2015 fundraising campaign for the Children’s Tumor Foundation!  I’ve got a new (streamlined) link to our fundraising page: www.krath4jane.com   I am hoping to be able to use this same link year after year, so you’ll never have to wonder where you can donate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment